Dear Rivendell Voters,
Many thanks to all who came out to the annual meeting on Tuesday night. It was wonderful to see so many people and hear what voters had to say. Democracy in action! Please know that you have been heard, even if the vote didn't go the way you wished. We look forward to engaging with all members of the Rivendell community as we develop a strategic plan. Stay tuned.
Rivendell Interstate School District 2023 District Voting Results
District Wide – 245 ballots cast.
- Article 4 (Budget) Yes 134, No 111 - The article passed.
- Article 5 (Repairs and Contingency Fund) The article passed by voice vote.
- Article 6 (Repairing Academy roof section) The article passed by voice vote.
- Article 7 (ADA upgrades at Academy) The article passed by voice vote.
- Article 8 (Security upgrades and new installation) The article passed by voice vote.
- Article 9 (Theater lighting equipment) The article passed by voice vote.
- Article 10 (Authorize spending of grants and gifts) The article passed by voice vote.
- David Hooke of Vershire was elected moderator for one-year term (208 votes)
- Jonathan Sands of Orford was elected treasurer for one-year term (193 votes)
- Sara E. Day of Orford was elected at-large school board member for one-year term (196 votes)
- Lillian G. Gahagan of Fairlee was elected Auditor for three-year term (195 votes)
Town School Board Elections - all for three-year terms
- Fairlee: David Gagner 48, Write- ins 2, Blank 2, Total 52
- Vershire: Kathy Hooke 45, Write-ins 2, Blank 1, Spoiled 2 Total 50
- Orford: David W. Ricker 54, Charles Smith, Jr 44, Write-ins 1, Void 1, Spoiled 3 , Total 103
For Clerk, there were no candidates on the ballot. There were numerous write-in votes, but no one received the 1% of checklist required. The School Board will fill this post.
Thanks to the District staff for a smooth setup, and the election workers who came out and helped us get through the count efficiently.
David Hooke, Moderator