- Westshire Elementary School
- Samuel Morey Elementary School
- Daily Announcements
- Contact Us
- About Our Graduates
- Academic Regulations
- Curriculum Features
- Fast Facts
- Student Highlights
- School Choice
- Visions / AfterSchool
- Summer Programs
- Parents & Community
A Special Place for the Community
Utilizing the Rivendell District’s facilities, services, and curriculum goals, the Rivendell Early Childhood Program offers community families a safe, nurturing environment through which their children can grow. RECP also helps prepare both students and parents for their roles as life long learners. For children needing extra assistance, or with special needs, RECP provides expert guidance and services.
As part of our commitment to building children’s confidence and joy of learning, RECP has developed five key learning components that guide our program and approach.
- Personal Development: Learning responsibility for self and others and healthy, safe habits.
- Math and Science: Encouraging curiosity and eager exploration of the natural world and quantitative concepts.
- Language: Developing strong communicative, inquisitive, descriptive minds.
- Writing: Introducing the fun of written expression by writing letters and simple words.
- Reading: Instilling delight of the written word through recognizing names, letter sounds, and print messages.
Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) to insure highest quality.
Certified by the State of Vermont to operate as an apprenticeship program sponsor for Child Care Development Specialists.
Considered a “model” for preschool/child care.
- Staff trained in revised Vermont Early Learning Standards.
- Ongoing literacy and numeracy assessments for every child.
- Extensive opportunities for parent involvement.
The Rivendell Early Childhood Program (RECP) fosters the intellectual, social and personal development of our students. Our goal is to help them become life-long learners, positive contributors to their communities and productive, healthy adults.
RECP is an affordable, high quality, research-based program. As part of the public school it emphasizes the readiness skills that students need to make a successful transition to the Westshire and Samuel Morey kindergartens. Using the Vermont Framework for Early Learning Standards, we foster and track student progress using the Creative Curriculum, a tool recommended by the Vermont Department of Education.
“After a great deal of research and visiting many pre-schools I have found this one to be exemplary.”- RECP parent